Fiction Short | 10 Min.
The 29-year-old Jeffrey Chen works as a shop assistant in a Chinese supermarket. His fiancé is the 26-year-old Annie Li, who comes from a traditional, wealthy Chinese family with strict parents. Struggling financially, Jeffrey does not have enough money to meet the demands of his parents-in-law.
This film is inspired by stories the filmmaker sees and hears from her own environment.
Director: Myrthe Nymph Wai
- CinemAsia Film Festival 2017
- CinemAsia on Tour 2017 – Kino
- Grand Opening of the Asian Library of leiden
- Asian Film Festival Berlin
- Oniros Film Awards, Italy
- Award-winner for ‘Best Drama Short’ at the Genre Celebration Festival Shanghai
- Catharsis International Film Festival
- DC Asian Pacific American Film Festival
- Madrid Asia International Film Festival