In 2019 during the 10th edition of CinemAsia FilmLAB the first FilmLAB ScriptLAB was organised. In this edition we have given 10 participants the opportunity to create their film idea into a filmplan and filmscript.
The participants of the 2019 edition of CinemAsia ScriptLAB are: Rinku Kalsy, Haider Hussain, Rishi Chamman, Sofia Murell, Priscilla Rasyid, Fawad Nahimi, Winston Cattaroja, Maine Galvez, Terry Tao and Pauline Hsu.
The Professionals that were involved in ScriptLAB 2019 were: Screenwriter Tijs van Marle, Rose Stories Story producer Hyo Kaag, Dramaturge Ernie Tee, Dramaturge Gwyneth Sleutel, character constellation specialist Hans Jeths, Scriptcoach Esther van Driesum,
The participants have had 12 meet ups in which the following matters have been discussed
- Introduction meet for participants and ideas
- Lecture on the theme of this edition of the writers room
- Discussing the first drafts of the filmplan
- Practicing speed dating and pitching with different industry professionals
- Discussing the character bible and Arena
- Discussing the Story and Plot
- Discussing Story Arcs and Beats
- Creating Character Constellations
- Peer review session on script feedback
- Individual feedback sessions
- Feedback on pitches, filmplan and script in front of professionals from the film industry
- workshop on pitching and industry events
At the end of the trajectory the ten participants pitched their filmplan and script to 20 industry professionals after which they had speed dates with them to ask for feedback and explore their possibilities.
The four participants with the best filmplan, scrip and pitches will receive the opportunity to participate with CinemAsia FilmLAB.